Craig A. Eiland
At Gurski Law Firm in Houston and Galveston, Texas, we represent a broad range of clients, from individuals to Fortune 500 corporations. We prefer to manage a small and selective caseload. That way, we can better assess our clients' legal needs and provide personalized service. Craig Eiland is a respected trial lawyer who has represented clients throughout the state of Texas. In addition, he has 20 years of experience in the Texas state legislature. Listed below is more information on the experience and accomplishments of attorney Craig Eiland.
Craig was born in 1962 to a family of small businessmen, farmers and ranchers in a small town in west Texas. He graduated from Stanton High School in 1981 where he was a multi-sport athlete. He then attended Baylor University where he lettered in football and graduated with his Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration in 1984. Craig continued his education at Baylor School of Law where he received his J.D. in 1987.
After receiving his law degree, Eiland traveled to Australia where he worked for a time on a cattle ranch in the Australian Outback. In February of 1988 Eiland moved back to Texas where he settled in Galveston and joined the law firm of Mills, Shirley, Eckel and Bassett, the state’s oldest law firm. After two years, he left the firm to work for nationally known Houston attorney Ernest H. Cannon. With the vast amount of experience and prospective Eiland gained from around the world and state he opened his own practice in 1992 with offices in Galveston and Houston.
Concentrating on Commercial, Pharmaceutical, Personal Injury and Maritime Litigation Eiland’s practice has flourished. Eiland's practice is not only successful but vast, handling complex cases in cities across the US and the world. Eiland represents clients in Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Tennessee, Indiana, Kentucky, Mississippi, Florida, Ohio, Illinois, New York, California, Oklahoma, Connecticut, New Jersey, Maryland, Colorado, Georgia, Missouri, Wisconsin, Michigan, Washington state and Washington, DC, as well as, international cases in Turkmenistan, England, Germany and Greece.
Among his many accomplishments are being named Young Lawyer of the Year in 1999 by the Baylor School of Law and being selected to join the prestigious American Board of Trial Advocates. Eiland was also honored by becoming a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and American Association of Justice.
Eiland’s current pending cases include pharmaceutical litigation involving Fen Phen, PPA, FLSA cases against Pilgrim’s Pride and Sanderson’s Farms for not properly paying employees, Warsaw Convention litigation involving international aviation injuries, oil and gas royalties, insurance company breach of contract, and maritime litigation.
- Civil and Commercial Litigation
- Baylor University School of Law, Waco, Texas
- J.D. - 1987
- Baylor University
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration - 1984
- Texas, 1987
- New York
- Texas State Representatives, Member, 1994 to Present
- State, Federal, & International Relations Committees, 1995 to Present
- Appropriations and Insurance Committees for the 75th Session, Speaker Pro Tempore, Texas House of Representatives, 2009 to 2011
- National Conference of Insurance Legislators, Past President
- Texas Bar Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Young Lawyer of the Year 1999
- Prestigious American Board of Trial Advocates
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum and American Association of Justice
- “Preeminent” rating “Highest Ethical Standards and Professional Excellence” by National Rating Firm, Martindale Hubbell
- 2015 Best Lawyers in Texas --- by U.S. News & World Report LP, by Woodward/White, Inc
- 2015 Best Lawyers in America --- by U.S. News & World Report LP, by Woodward/White, Inc
- 2015 U.S. News and World Report Best Law Firms --- by U.S. News & World Report LP, by Woodward/White, Inc
- 2015 Leading Plaintiff Lawyers in America - by Law Dragon
- Mills, Shirley, Eckel and Bassett, 1998
- Houston Attorney Ernest H. Cannon